Candle Care 101
Tips on optimal burning of your candles:
First Burn to prevent tunnelling
- During the first light, make sure that the pool of melted wax reaches the edges of your candle before you snuff the flame.
Trim your wicks
- Ensure each wick is trimmed before each lighting (About 3-4mm).
- Keep candles out of direct sunlight and store them in a cool and dark place.
Half Inch Rule
- Discontinue burning your candle when there is 1/2 inch of wax left. This can prevent possible heat damage to counter/ table as well as the jar itself.
- Use a snuffer or cover the candle with the lid to put the candle out. Never blow out candles as it can cause wax to spray onto face and smoke to fill the room. Doing so can also bury the wick in the wax making it hard or impossible for you to light your candle next time.
- Do not move or touch candle while it is burning or hot. Blow it out first and allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes before moving.
- Never leave a candle unattended and place away from children and pets
- Never leave a candle burning while you go to sleep
- Do not leave a candle burning for more than 4 hours.